Setting and achieving recruitment goals can be challenging for recruiters,
as it involves multiple factors and variables that are often beyond their
However, the hiring manager can increase their chances of success and effectively achieve recruitment goals through proper planning, execution, and monitoring.
Recruiters must clearly understand their organization’s needs and objectives, including the desired skills and qualifications of the candidates they seek.
They also need to understand the job market well, including the availability of passive candidates with the required skills and experience.
What are S.M.A.R.T Recruitment Goals?
Smart recruitment goals are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound. Organizations can set recruitment goals to ensure their recruitment efforts are targeted, effective, and aligned with their business objectives.
It’s essential to set specific and smart goals. For example, rather than having a general purpose like “hiring more employees,” HR professionals should have a particular target like “hiring five software developers.”
Thus, a hiring manager can focus their recruitment efforts and have a clear direction. The smart recruitment goals must also be measurable to track and evaluate progress.
Set challenging but attainable smart goals. For instance, setting a goal to “hire 100 new employees in one month via job offers” might not be achievable, while “hiring ten new employees in one month” could be a more realistic goal.
They should also be relevant to the organization’s overall strategy and objectives. Setting recruitment goals not aligned with the organization’s approach can lead to wasted resources and time.
Lastly, the recruiting goals need to be time-bound with a specific timeframe for completion.
Top 10 Smart Recruitment Goals to Ace Your Recruitment Process in 2023
Here are ten potential smart recruitment goals that organizations may want to consider setting for themselves in 2023:
- Increasing the number of highly qualified candidates in our talent pool by 20% by the end of the year.
- Reducing the average time-to-hire for new employees by 15% by the end of the second quarter.
- Improve the diversity of new hires by increasing the percentage of underrepresented groups in our workforce by 10% by the end of the year.
- Implement a new employee referral program and increase the number of new hires from employee referrals by 25% by the end of the year.
- Increase employer brand value by increasing our social media followers by 30% by the end of the year.
- Improve the candidate experience by implementing a new candidate feedback system and achieving an average candidate satisfaction score of 4 out of 5.
- Implement a new employee retention program and decrease our employee turnover rate by 10% by the end of the year.
- Increase employee engagement levels by implementing a new survey and achieving an average engagement score of 80% or higher.
- Improve our recruiters’ efficiency by implementing new hiring tools and processes and reducing our cost-per-hire by 15% by the end of the year.
- Develop a new leadership training program and increase the number of internal promotions by 20% by the end of the year.
These are a few examples of SMART recruitment goals organizations could set in 2023.
What are the Benefits of Digital Interviews for Businesses?
Digital interviews, also known as virtual interviews, offer several benefits for businesses, including the following moments.
- Increased productivity: Digital interviews save time and streamline recruitment, allowing businesses to conduct interviews more efficiently and quickly with low new hire failure rates.
- Simplified recruiting process: Interviews improve the job order and simplify the entire process by eliminating the need for in-person interviews and using recruiting software (Artificial Intelligence is a good example). Such a solution reduces scheduling conflicts and provides a more flexible interviewing process for almost any job offer.
- Access to internal talent pools: Digital interviews can help businesses turn to their internal talent pipeline first by accelerating the hiring process and reducing the cost of vacancies.
- Improved engagement and retention: Digital interviews can positively contribute to engagement and retention by creating a talent marketplace that connects candidates to job opportunities and provides a better candidate experience.
- Lower turnover rate: Virtual interviews can reduce turnover rates by providing a more efficient and streamlined recruitment process.
- Access to highly qualified candidates that are in demand on the market. Digital interviews can attract a wider pool of high-level job seekers who may be located in different geographic regions, allowing businesses to expand their talent community search beyond their local area.
- Building employer brand: Please do your best to implement recruitment marketing efforts and allow businesses to partner with a marketing leadership team to develop their employer brand and showcase their company culture, values, and work environment.
- Cost-effective recruitment budget and successful job boards. Online interviews can be more cost-effective than traditional in-person interviews, reducing the cost-per-hire for businesses and allowing them to allocate resources towards other recruitment areas by reaching the low possibility of a new hire failure rate.
Thus, let’s get acquainted with them in more detail.
Establishing recruitment goals can lead to increased productivity for organizations.
HR professionals can focus their efforts and resources on achieving those targets, resulting in a more efficient and streamlined recruitment process.
They can identify the most effective recruitment channels, target specific demographics or skill sets, and streamline the screening and interviewing process.
Simplify the recruiting process
HR professionals can simplify the recruiting process for organizations and develop focused recruitment strategies tailored to the organization’s specific needs, making the entire recruitment process more efficient.
Identifying the most effective recruitment channels, targeting specific demographics or skill sets, and streamlining the screening and interviewing process is possible.
As a result, HR professionals can fill a job opening quickly, minimizing the negative impact of open positions on the organization with a streamlined recruitment process.
Furthermore, simplifying the recruiting process can reduce scheduling conflicts and eliminate the need for in-person interviews, making recruitment more flexible and convenient for job seekers and HR professionals.
Turn to internal talent pools first for accelerated hiring
HR managers can focus on filling an open position with internal candidates before looking externally, leading to a more efficient hiring process.
In addition, internal hiring has several advantages, including eliminating the need to spend more money on recruitment, improving employee retention, increasing the chances of a successful hire, and increasing the possibility of measuring success.
Managers can use data analytics tools to identify high-performing representatives of the talent community who have the potential to take on new roles within the organization.
The solution can help organizations save resources and time by removing the need to hire external job seekers.
It refers to the financial impact of having an open position remain unfilled for an extended period. Cost of vacancy can include lost productivity, increased workload for existing employees, and reduced revenue, among other expenses.
HR professionals can identify areas where the recruitment process could be further streamlined, making the process even more efficient by tracking key performance indicators and recruiting metrics such as the cost of vacancies.
Improve engagement and retention with a talent marketplace
A top talent marketplace connects employees with opportunities for career growth and development. Consequently, organizations can greatly improve employee engagement and retention and provide opportunities for employees to advance their careers.
HR professionals can match internal job seekers with new opportunities within the organization, reducing the cost and time associated with external recruitment via a talent marketplace.
It can also increase employee satisfaction in future vacancies and written job descriptions, as employees can upgrade their skills and advance their careers without leaving the organization.
Moreover, that can increase motivation and engagement as employees better understand how their abilities and contributions align with the organization’s career goals and objectives.
High turnover rates can significantly negatively impact an organization, including increased costs, reduced productivity, and decreased employee morale.
By setting recruitment goals, organizations can focus on identifying the root causes of turnover and implementing new strategies to address these issues.
One way to reduce the average turnover rate is to implement a robust onboarding process that helps new employees feel welcomed and supported.
In addition, setting recruitment goals can help organizations identify areas with a high turnover rate.
Look for highly qualified candidates
Hiring high-quality candidates can have a significant positive impact on an organization.
Establishing recruitment goals can help companies identify the most effective recruitment channels for attracting highly qualified target candidates.
This may include writing social media posts, attending job fairs, or working with recruiters or staffing agencies. It’s possible to streamline their hiring processes to ensure they can quickly secure highly qualified candidates.
Partner with marketing to build your employer brand
Building a strong employer brand is vital for attracting highly qualified candidates, as it helps to differentiate the organization from rivals and creates a positive image in potential candidates’ minds.
HRs develop recruitment marketing campaigns that showcase the organization’s culture, values, current reputation, and benefits.
This may include creating compelling job descriptions, paying great attention to employer branding, developing social media campaigns, or leveraging employee testimonials to showcase the organization’s positive work environment and candidate experience.
Don’t forget about the need to improve job descriptions on the web platforms in case of need.
Reducing cost-per-hire can significantly impact an organization’s bottom line, as it can help minimize expenses related to recruitment and hiring.
Hence setting recruitment goals can help organizations identify areas where they can reduce costs without compromising the quality of their hires.
Hire Efficiently Using Playhunt
Playhunt is a recruitment platform that can help organizations set and achieve their recruitment goals by streamlining the hiring process and enhancing efficiency. It offers access to various features and tools that can help them attract, screen, and find candidates more effectively.
That can be a powerful incentive for potential candidates to sign up for the platform and create a profile, which can help organizations attract a broader pool of highly qualified candidates via decent job descriptions and other features.
Moreover, Playhunt offers a video interview feature that allows candidates to record video responses to interview questions, which can be reviewed by hiring managers.
Thus, it can help to reach the desired level of a new hire, save time and resources by reducing the need for in-person interviews, get a positive experience, and facilitate more effective candidate screening.
It’s also possible to schedule interviews for a new job, manage candidate profiles, and communicate with candidates throughout the recruitment process.